Few entities in Canada originate more mortgages than M3 Mortgage Group. Its Founder & CEO Luc Bernard, therefore, knows more than your average bear about running a profitable mortgage operation.
With broad industry connections and access to a wealth of data, Luc intimately understands the trends driving Canada's mortgage business. That's why we wanted to interview him. MLN's discussion with Luc yielded an abundance of learnings, including new insights into:
- Another major bank entering the mortgage broker channel
- The threat of online brokers to banks and traditional brokers
- How long before mortgage originations might make a comeback
- The significance of exclusive lender partnerships
- Cash burn among VC-backed online brokers
- M3's brokerage acquisition plans
- Whether brokers should start their own lenders
- Sustainability of broker compensation.